This tournament is not sanctioned and will not count for ranking by the governing organization.
$15,000 TOTAL ESTIMATED PRIZE MONEY
Men's Open Singles-$2,000-Winner, $1,000-Finalist, $500-Semi-finalist
Men's Open Doubles-$1,600-Winner, $800-Finalist, $400-Semi-finalist
Mixed Open Doubles-$1,200-Winner, $600-Finalist, $300-Semi-finalist
Women's Open Singles-$1,200-Winner, $600-Finalist
Women's Open Doubles-$1,000-Winner, $500-Finalist
Men's 35's & 50's Open Singles-$1,000-Winner, $500-Finalist
Men's 35's & 50's Open Doubles-$750-Winner, $250-Finalist
All NTRP Divisions with a minimum of 12 entries will pay $200 to the winners.
All prize money for Doubles Events is per team.
Prize money is estimated based on the number of expected entries in each division and is subject to modification (increase/decrease) based on final number of competitors. Historically, once registration is finalized, we have been able to either add additional money to current pay-outs or have extended pay-outs further down the draw such as to the Semis, Quarters, etc.
Seeding for Open Events will be governed by the Universal Tennis Rating system absent any other relevant data. Entry into NTRP events will be governed by current NTRP ratings; however, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to adjust final placement into events as deemed appropriate for fair play.
FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT TREY LUBY AT TREY.LUBY@LUBYLLC.COM
New Orleans TennisFest 2016 is a charity event raising money and awareness for the Legacy Donor Foundation. The Legacy Donor Foundation provides education and public awareness activities about organ donation and is part of the Donate Life Louisiana collaborative. Through public education and awareness activities, the Foundation promotes organ donation and fosters informed family acceptance of the process. more info
City Park/Pepsi Tennis Center
5900 Marconi Drive
New Orleans, LA 70124 more info
TOURNAMENT HOURS OF PLAY
Thursday, July 28th-Play begins at 6 pm
Friday, July 29th-Play begins at 6 pm
Saturday, July 30th-Play begins at 8 am
Sunday, July 30th-Play begins at 8 am
*Thursday play will be allocated as much as possible to local players in order to facilitate out-of-town players to play on Friday. (Men's Open Singles will have to begin play on Thursday due to draw size.)
*Players should be prepared to play each day of the tournament depending on your draw size.
*Players should be prepared to play multiple matches a day depending on the number of events you have entered and the size of your draw.
*Check-In Time will be 30 minutes prior to your posted match time.
*Once you check-in, you should be prepared to play irrespective of your actual posted match time.
*Please do not leave the Check-In area once you have checked in.
SCORING AND RULES
- Match scoring will be the best of three sets with a Match Tiebreak (10 pt) played in lieu of a third set. We reserve the right to alter the scoring format, such as to no-ad scoring or other format, as circumstances warrant (i.e. weather delay, time constraints, etc.).
- Warm-up is limited to 5 minutes.
- The USTA Rules and Code of Conduct will govern all play.
BASED ON THE EXPECTED NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT SCHEDULING REQUESTS.
- 16 hard courts and 10 clay courts
- All Open events will be played on hard court with the exception of 35's and 50's Open Singles and Doubles which will be played on clay courts.
- All other events will be either hard or clay court depending on draw size and time constraints.
COOL ZONE MISTING TENT
Stop by the Cool Zone Misting Tent sponsored by Baudry Therapy Center and BRIO to recover from your matches with ice wraps, recovery drinks, and fruit. Players will also have access to post-match recovery equipment such as foam rollers, massage sticks, J-bands, and more. Check the schedule of events on-site to see when there will be demonstrations of dynamic warm-ups, post-match recovery techniques, and 'Ask the PT' injury screens.
- Each participant will receive a tournament bag including a tournament t-shirt and other items.
- A silent auction will be going on throughout the tournament with all proceeds benefiting the Legacy Donor Foundation and we will hold several 50/50 raffles throughout the weekend.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- We will be providing food for each meal including Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday brunch.
- Dinner Saturday night will be catered by James Beard award-winning, Celebrity Top Chef judge, and New Orleans restaurateur Chef Donald Link. Chef Link owns four of the most popular New Orleans restaurants including Peche, Cochon, Herbsaint, and Cochon Butcher. more info
We invite and encourage everyone to come watch some great tennis free of charge; for those who want the food and drink for the weekend, we encourage a donation of your choosing to Legacy Donor Foundation at the site in exchange for a wristband.
Player Selection Type
No Selection Process. All registered players will be selected.
Entry to this tournament is open to USTA Members, USTA Members who have an expired membership and Non-USTA Members. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:59:00 PM Central Time.
In the future, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700007916 from the searchable schedule homepage.
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information, please go to your browser's help menu.